Summer is a great time to grill out. What better way to have a quick and easy meal, than eating meat (or any type of food) on a stick. Many love shish kabobs since you can make them with anything you like. Add peppers, onions, pineapple, tomatoes, mushrooms, chicken, beef, shrimp and scallops to a skewer stick and put on the grill. Season your food with garlic, marinade with soy sauce, barbecue or lemon-lime seasoning or wrap the vegetables and meat in bacon.
Here are 5 other splendid kabobs you can make in 15 minutes or less.
- Try some amazing Aloha Chicken Kabobs. Start with 1 ½ pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces, add to Canadian bacon pieces, pineapple chunks and marinade with 1/2 cup bottled teriyaki marinade with pineapple juice. Cover and chill 15 minutes. On six 12-inch metal skewers, alternately thread chicken, Canadian bacon and pineapple, leaving 1/4-inch space between pieces. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. Preheat grill. Place kabobs on grill rack. Cover and grill over medium heat for 15 to 18 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 165°F, turning kabobs once halfway through grilling. Combine cooked rice and green onions. Serve kabobs over rice mixture.
- Our BBQ Garlic Shrimp Kabobs are very simple and easy with just four ingredients: 6 Tbs bottled garlic-lime marinade, 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, 2 Tbs plus 1 tsp. minced garlic and 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). For the sauce, combine barbecue sauce, marinade and garlic in a small bowl. Remove 1/2 cup of the sauce and set aside. Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers. Brush both sides of shrimp with remaining sauce. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until shrimp are opaque. Serve 1/2 cup reserved sauce for dipping.
- Island Time, Ya Mon! Jamaica is known for it’s jerk seasoning. Our Island Jerk Kabobs give a kick to chicken. Its spiciness is tempered with the sweetness of pineapple and brown sugar and tanginess of soy sauce.
- Grill Seasoned Scallops are made with fresh cilantro, ginger, cumin and curry powder to season scallops with our Curried Scallop Kabobs with Zucchini recipe.
- Put traditional Italian meatballs on skewer sticks and you’ve got an easy meal that is sure to please. Try our Italian Meatball Kabobs served with a trio of sauces. This recipe will help you make spicy barbecue sauce, Parmesan ranch and spicy honey mustard sauces to accompany the 24 ShopRite Italian Style Beef Meatballs.