This time of year, nothing hits the spot quite like a cool, refreshing drink.
Whether you’re enjoying a beverage in the coolness of your air-conditioned home after a busy Saturday in the garden, or you’re on your back porch sipping a drink on a humid summer evening after work, a jazzed-up beverage caps off any day wonderfully.
If you’re hosting an event at your home, such as a cookout, it’s always a great idea to have plenty of beverage options on hand. When you’re considering variety, that includes drinks that are sweet, tart, carbonated, non-carbonated — and don’t forget the non-alcoholic beverages!
Our suggestion for some perfect non-alcoholic summer beverages are those that include an old American favorite — the apple. Apples have many known health benefits, including high fiber content, and have been linked to helping reduce the risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer. Plus, they’re delicious!
If you’re looking for a tasty drink option to add to your home bar, try some of the following options:
- 1 tub CRYSTAL LIGHT Lemonade Flavor Low Calorie Soft Drink Mix
- 6-½ cups cold water
- 1-½ cups cold apple juice
- Place the drink mix in a large plastic or glass pitcher or punch bowl. Add the water and juice and stir everything until the drink mix is dissolved. Serve over ice cubes.
Fresh Fruit Sparkler
Lemon Extract adds a hint of citrus flavor to this invigorating twist on sangria. It’s a non-alcoholic cooler that showcases some of the season’s favorite fruits in a blend of sparkling grape and apple juices.
- 1 bottle (25.4 ounces) cold white sparkling grape juice
- ½ cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1 tsp McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 can (12 ounces) cold club soda or seltzer
- 2 cups cut-up fresh fruit such as berries, grapes and oranges
- Mix the juice, concentrate and Pure Lemon Extract in a large pitcher.
- Stir in the club soda and fruit. Serve immediately in tall ice-filled glasses
- 3 cups Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice
- 1-½ cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp grenadine syrup
- Combine the Juicy Juice, pineapple juice and lime juice in a large pitcher. Fill the glasses with ice. Pour in the juice mixture and top with a splash of grenadine.