Did you know?
- Blueberries are one of the only natural foods that are truly blue in color.
- Because of the high amount of antioxidants in blueberries, it is thought that they may help prevent damage caused by cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s.
- Michigan was the nation’s leading producer of cultivated blueberries in 2012. The state harvested 87 million pounds for the year. Other top states included Georgia, Oregon, Washington and New Jersey.
- The perfect blueberry should be “dusty” in color. But, don’t wash off that “dust” until you’re ready to dig in.
- Blueberries can be used as a natural food dye.
Try some of these delicious blueberry recipes