Hometown grocer picked to manage Connersville Marsh

May 17, 2016

CONNERSVILLE – In some respects, Bill Russell is right back where he started; in other ways, he’s a long way from his beginnings.
Russell was a teenager when he started his grocery store career stocking shelves at a local store. Now, 40 years later, he’s returning to town as manager of Marsh Supermarkets’ Connersville store.
“If you would have told me when I was 16 I’d still be doing this, I never would have believed you,” said Russell, who has spent the last 13 years managing stores in Richmond and Hamilton, Ohio.
As he comes home, Russell brings with him a wealth of experience.
Growing up in nearby Union County, Russell worked his way up from stock crew to store manager at Connersville’s Cox Market, where he worked 27 years, including seven years as manager. After Marsh purchased the independent grocer, Russell was named general manager of Marsh in Hamilton, Ohio. Five years ago, he began managing a Marsh on the south side of Richmond.
All the while. Russell lived in rural Fayette County, enduring long commutes for more than a decade, not wanting to move from the community where he’d grown up and raised his children. Now, he’s getting re-acquainted with shoppers and employees he knew years ago. He see familiar faces every day.

“I’m happy to be back,” he said.

Russell replaces Jim Ringling who is now manager for the Richmond Marsh.

© 2016 Marsh Supermarkets, Inc.