Marsh believes that employees better themselves and the company by supplementing their present qualifications with additional education in their respective fields. It is Marsh policy to reimburse employees up to 50% of the tuition cost for each approved course completed through acceptable educational institutions (such as accredited colleges and universities, trade and technical schools, business schools, etc.).
The Marsh Human Resources Department will determine the acceptability of each employee’s request for participation in the Educational Assistance Program based on the course’s direct relation (or reasonably applicability) to the employee’s present position or his/her future advancement.
To qualify for participation in the Educational Assistance Program, an employee must:
- Currently be a full-time employee of Marsh and MainStreet Markets.
- Have been employed by Marsh or MainStreet Markets for at least sixty (60) calendar days.
- Remain employed by Marsh or MainStreet Markets from the beginning and throughout the completion of the course of study.
- Be ineligible for tuition reimbursement from government agencies.
- Receive prior approval for participation from the Human Resources Department.
Upon successful completion of each approved course, Marsh will reimburse the employee up to 50% of the tuition cost for up to six (6) credit hours per semester. (Successful completion is defined as a “C” or better grade or passing a Pass/Fail course.)