Start Your Future With a Career at Marsh
Manager of Construction and Project Development
Reports to: Director of Construction and Planning
- Review and coordinate proposed design of all new and remodeled stores
- Meet and consult with engineers and senior management to establish construction specifications to ensure efficient layout for proposed drawings
- Understanding of new store equipment availability and costs
- Purchasing functions
- Experience with CAD
- Draft final design layout drawings for review and approval by senior management
- Coordinate distribution of print to engineer, outside architect, contractors
- Project management
- Coordinate and develop production schedule and weekly update schedule
- Knowledge of construction code compliance
- Development and oversight of “punch list’ items
- Coordinate final inspection tours with contractor and senior management
- Review proposed design and construction plans for all new and remodeled supermarkets
- Conduct inspections to compare actual layout with proposed drawings
- Identify variance and make changes on the final construction drawing
- Establish construction specification ensuring the most efficient, effective layouts
- Develop final design and construction drawing indicating exact construction specification including placement of shelving, counters and other store equipment
- Submit final construction plan to senior management for review and approval
- Make revisions when necessary and resubmit for approval
- Develop final drawing to ensure each has a unified set of drawings
- Resolve conflict and answer questions
- Evaluate and select vendors, negotiate, place and expedite orders
- Establish and maintain equipment record information system
- Cooperate in the analysis and projection of equipment needs company wide
- Establish purchasing procedures
- Participate in and contribute to the review, analysis and projection of equipment needs for all divisions of the Company; develop and maintain centralized equipment record and information system; provide management with cost, ‘payback” and other relevant data for capital investment decision
- Receive and interpret equipment bids from vendors; perform “payback” and cost justification analyses
- Coordinate the distribution of drawing to contractors who are bidding on the project and provide answer to any questions arising during the bidding process
- Coordinate and develop with chosen bidder and Company Construction Supervisor a program schedule which details target dates for construction
- Inform all affected departments and personnel about the construction schedule.
- Review and monitor weekly the progress schedule and adjust the schedule accordingly
- Inform affected personnel of changes to schedule and progress being made
Relationships and contacts:
- Reports to Director of Construction and Planning
- Provides functional direction to construction and installation personnel
- Frequent contact with Operations, Merchandising, Facilities and Maintenance Teams
- External contact with Contractors, Equipment & Material Suppliers, Engineers, Architects
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or architecture.
- Four to six years of progressively responsible experience in supermarket operations, planning and construction and/or design and construction of commercial structures
- CAD Experience
- Project Management Experience
Category Manager – Grocery
The Category Manager will create, implement and oversee the strategy and execution of all assigned category initiatives. This position is responsible for driving sales through category product planning and selection, development and execution of strategic product and promotional marketing plans and vendor/supplier negotiations. This position will be working closely with sales, marketing, customer service and business development to ensure customer satisfaction goals and company objectives are met. This position will report directly to the Director of Center Store – Merchandising.
Night Crew Managers
Experienced Night Grocery Managers preferred, but training program may be right for some highly motivated individuals with stock and management background.
Deli and Bakery Managers
Now accepting applications for individuals with Deli and Bakery backgrounds. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have experience with managing people in a fast paced setting. Sanitation or industry certification is a plus.
Accepting applications for individuals with experience in Produce Management.
Full-Time Journeyman Meat Cutter
Now accepting applications for Full-Time Journeyman Meat Cutters for our Indiana or Ohio Supermarket locations. We offer: Competitive Wages, Health & Dental, 401(k) Retirement Plan Opportunities for Advancement, Paid Training, Flexible Schedules, Paid Vacation, Education/Tuition Opportunities.
Floral Department Manager (Marsh Supermarkets)
Responsibilities include managing full service floral operations such as ordering, sales projections, cost control, hiring, training and supervising 2 to 5 full and part-time employees. Applicant must be able to demonstrate creativity and maintain profitability within a service-oriented environment. Must have 2-4 years design and management experience.
Marsh Pharmacist (Marsh Supermarkets / Pharmacies)
Opening for Indiana Licensed Pharmacist in good standing for assistant manager position. Duties include filling prescription orders, ordering and stocking prescription drugs, conferring with doctors to ensure viability of prescribed treatment plans, counseling patients on medication usage, handling insurance billings and answering customer questions.
Responsibilities include ordering and merchandising multiple varieties of seafood, customer service, maintaining profitability of the department and execution of all company programs. Previous experience with like responsibility required. Mature, enthusiastic, customer service oriented individuals may be considered for our Seafood Manager Training program.
Other Retail Positions
- Service Clerks
- Office Personnel
- Meat/Seafood Production
- Deli/Bakery Production
- Food Service Production
- Floral Designers
- Dairy/Frozen Food Assistants
- General Merchandise Assistants
- Night Grocery Clerks
- Cake Decorators
You can also apply in person at your local Marsh Supermarket, or call a career counselor today at (317) 594-2104.