ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Category Manager will create, implement and oversee the strategy and execution of all assigned category initiatives. This position is responsible for driving sales through category product planning and selection, development and execution of strategic product and promotional marketing plans and vendor/supplier negotiations. This position will be working closely with sales, marketing, customer service and business development to ensure customer satisfaction goals and company objectives are met. The grocery manager positions will report directly to the Director of Center Store – Merchandising. The beer, wine, liquor, and tobacco manager positions will report directly to the Director of Non Grocery – Merchandising.
- May supervise one or more Analysts
- Adaptable to changing circumstances
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detail orientated, organized, reliable, resourceful individual that focuses on outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to contribute, influence and work effectively in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize and work effectively under pressure
TRAITS OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Energetic, Passionate for food, Innovative, Strategic Vision, Customer oriented, Trend and market focused, Analytical, Ability to adapt
- Technical skills: highly skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Highly skilled in assortment and POG version building
- Familiarity with Micro strategy and Promo Suite a plus
- Strong working knowledge of syndicated mkt share data and customer POS sources (eg: Nielsen, IRI, Datalogix)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Category Management in Retail Grocery format – Will consider associate buyer / category manager level
- Proven track record of successful Cost negotiation with Vendor / Brokers
- Pricing, Shelf Sets, Display Pallets, Product Assortments, Planograms and Promotions for multiple chain stores
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Marsh Supermarkets is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin or any other legally protected basis.