Asian Chicken Skewers
- 30 min.
- 10 min.
1. In a 1-cup liquid measure or small bowl, stir together chili sauce, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, ginger, garlic and cayenne.
2. Reserving 1/4 cup for basting sauce, pour remaining mixture into a medium bowl; add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, combine bell pepper, pineapple, pea pods and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
5. Oil grill grate. Heat grill for direct cooking to medium heat.
6. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread each skewer with a chicken piece, pineapple chunk, pea pod half and red pepper piece; repeat.
7. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165˚F, turning one-quarter turn every 2 minutes and brushing with reserved basting sauce during the last 2 minutes.