Named after a 19th-century Russian diplomat, Beef Stroganoff creates a sophisticated impression with only half an hour of preparation.
1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion and garlic in melted butter. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3. Add beef strips, thyme, salt and pepper. Brown evenly over low heat.
4. Return onion and garlic to skillet; stir in mushrooms, soup and red wine vinegar. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
5. Uncover skillet and stir in sour cream. Heat through.
6. Serve immediately over hot cooked noodles.