Beef Tenderloin and Onion Crostini
- 45 min.
- Prepare Crostini; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, covered, over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, pepper, garlic and salt; rub over beef. In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Sear beef in hot oil on all sides. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until meat reaches 135°F for medium-rare. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F.) Thinly slice steak, trimming slices as needed to fit crostini.
- Top each crostini with some of the horseradish sauce, a steak slice and some of the onion mixture. If desired, garnish with rosemary.
Crostini: Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange 24 baguette slices on two large rimmed baking sheets; brush both sides with olive oil and season as desired. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden, rotating sheets halfway through.