Caramelized Salmon Fillets with Corn, Tomato and Blueberry Salad
You’ll love the crunchy, caramelized outer crust that forms on the salmon while it’s under the broiler. A fresh corn salad complements the salmon with a delicious combination of flavors.
- 20 min.
- 10 min.
- Makes 4 servings (1 fillet and 3/4 cup salad)
1. For salad, in a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, apricot preserves, jalapeño, salt and pepper. Stir in corn, tomatoes, blueberries, green onions and basil. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
2. For salmon, in a shallow bowl combine sugar, coarse salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup of mixture; set aside. Coat salmon fillets with remaining sugar mixture.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add salmon to skillet, skin side down; cook about 4 minutes.
4. Turn salmon and cook for 2 minutes more.
5. Preheat broiler. Transfer fillets, skin side down, to a nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Broil 7 inches from the heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and salmon flakes when tested with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Serve salmon with corn, tomato and blueberry salad.
Quick Tip: Chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes. When working with chile peppers, wear hand protection.