A love affair with the all-American cheeseburger inspired this chowder. Get the creamiest texture for this thick beefy dish by using a processed cheese that melts quickly and smoothly.
- Makes 10 servings (1 cup each)
1. Brown ground beef; drain and set aside. In a large stockpot, sauté onions, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon of the butter until tender.
2. Add cooked beef, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Add flour; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly. Add cheese product and milk, stirring until cheese is melted. Add to the beef mixture and heat through.
4. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream just before serving. Season with salt and pepper.