Innocently satisfy sweet cravings with melt-in-your-mouth morsels speckled with semisweet chocolate. Enjoy them solo as a lightweight treat or as a crisp accompaniment to a frozen dessert.
- Makes 24 servings (1 cookie each)
1. Preheat oven to 200°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, vinegar and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks form. Slowly add powdered sugar; beat until stiff peaks form and egg white mixture becomes glossy.
3. Gently fold in grated chocolate just until blended. Pipe or drop mixture by 2 tablespoon portions, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until bottom edges are light golden brown. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Carefully peel cookies from parchment or foil. Cool completely on wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.