Cinnamon-Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
Here’s evidence that the best recipes survive with barely a tweak. Sour cream coffee cake, layered with cinnamon-pecan streusel, has been popular for decades. No need to change a good thing.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Alternately add the flour mixture and sour cream to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
5. Sprinkle one-third of the cinnamon-sugar mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread half the batter in the pan. Evenly sprinkle one-third of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter. Pour remaining half of the batter in the pan; gently spread to cover the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Evenly sprinkle the remaining one-third of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter.
6. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Use a knife to loosen sides before removing. Place on serving plate. Serve warm.