For assertive flavor on these grilled sandwiches, make a spread that boasts a whole bulb of roasted garlic.
- Makes 8 servings (1/2 sandwich each)
1. Heat oven to 350˚F. To make the garlic-mustard butter, remove papery skin from the garlic bulb. Place garlic on aluminum foil. Spray garlic with cooking spray then wrap in foil.
2. Roast garlic for 1 hour or until cloves are very soft. Cool briefly. Separate cloves of garlic then squeeze garlic pulp into a medium bowl. Discard skins. In a small bowl, whip garlic pulp with mustard and butter.
3. On one side of each slice of bread, spread 1 teaspoon garlic-mustard butter. Layer four slices with a pickle, ham, cheese, onion and remaining bread slices. Firmly press.
4. Grill sandwiches on a countertop grill about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. To serve, diagonally slice sandwiches in half.