Easy Pie Crust
This recipe makes enough for 3 single pie crusts. The dough keeps well in the freezer so you can have one or two on hand for future pie baking.
- 24 (1/8 of a single crust each)
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
2. In a small bowl, mix egg, water and vinegar; add to flour mixture. Stir just until dough holds together; divide into 3 balls. Flatten each ball into a 6-inch disc.
3. Dough can be wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in freezer bag for about 1 month. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 450°F. For each crust, roll out one portion of dough between 2 sheets of wax paper. Crust should be about 1/4-inch thick and extend about 1/2 inch beyond the edge of a 9-inch pie plate.
5. Transfer to pie plate and fold under extra pastry even with the plate’s rim. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom of pastry with fork.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.