French Breakfast Crepes
Softly scrambled eggs make a wonderful filling for crepes. For a brunch, you can make several batches of crepes ahead of time. Store them in the refrigerator and heat in a warm oven until hot and pliable before filling with the eggs.
- 25 min.
- Makes 3 servings (2 crepes each)
1. In a large bowl, whisk egg. Add 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup water; mix well. Stir in sugar, oil and salt. Sift flour over mixture in bowl. Continue whisking to form a smooth batter. Add remaining milk and water; mix well.
2. Heat a 9 1/2- to 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; remove from heat. Ladle in 1/4 cup of batter. Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter evenly. Return to heat and cook for about 30 seconds or until bottom is golden brown. Flip the crepe and cook a few seconds more or until crepe is light golden. Invert skillet over paper towels; remove crepe. Repeat with remaining batter. You should have 6 crepes.
3. For filling, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Beat eggs and water. Cook eggs in hot skillet without stirring until eggs begin to set on bottom and around edges. With a large spatula, lift and fold for uncooked portion to flow underneath. Toss in ham and cheese; heat mixture through.
4. Spoon some of the egg mixture down center of each crepe; roll up. Serve immediately,