Fresh Fruit Salad with Pound Cake Croutons
Toasted cubes of dense pound cake soak up honey-sweetened juices that coat the mixed fruit. Keep in mind the handy formula of 2 parts orange juice concentrate and 1 part honey for when you need a simple, light glaze to dress a fruit salad.
- Makes 7 servings (about 1 cup each)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. For croutons, arrange pound cake cubes on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool croutons on a wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together strawberries, pineapple, grapes and blueberries.
3. In a small bowl, stir together juice concentrate, honey and mint. Drizzle over fruit; toss gently to coat.
4. Top fruit with pound cake croutons.