This recipe raises the bar for dense, rich chocolaty brownies.
- 24 (1 brownie each)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a 13×9×2-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Allow to cool briefly.
4. Stir in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and walnuts; stir well. Spread batter in prepared baking dish.
5. Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool completely in dish on wire rack before frosting.
6. For frosting, in a mixing bowl beat 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa, butter, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla and salt with electric mixer until creamy.
7. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and milk until smooth.