Gluten-Free fruit tart
Gluten-free almond meal and coconut flour are a delicious and healthy combo to incorporate into pastries. While almond meal is high in heart-healthy protein and fats, coconut flour is rich in fiber.
- 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch tart pan that has a removable bottom with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and salt. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat coconut oil just until melted. Whisk in honey and eggs. Stir egg mixture into dry mixture; combine thoroughly.
- Press dough evenly onto the bottom and sides of prepared pan. Prick crust with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and lemon curd. Beat with
an electric mixer on medium until thoroughly combined.
- Spread filling evenly into crust-lined pan. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Just before serving, top tart with fruit. Brush berries with melted preserves. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition facts per serving:
195 calories, 10 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 37 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 11 g protein.
Daily Values: 1% vitamin A, 25% vitamin C, 15% calcium, 2% iron.