Gooey Caramel Peach Pull-Apart Bread
Start with a purchased bread dough to make this irresistible breakfast bread. Each layer is coated with cinnamon, sugar, fresh peaches and pecans. A delicious caramel topping provides the finishing touch.
- 30 min.
- 35 min.
- 2 loaves (24 servings)
1. Remove frozen dough from package. Let dough thaw, covered with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray, for 2 to 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. Carefully remove plastic wrap.
2. Meanwhile, line two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on each long side; butter paper with 1 tablespoon softened butter. Set pans aside.
3. For filling, in a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside. Prepare the peaches, toast the pecans and melt the butter just before handling the dough.
4. When dough is thawed, on a lightly floured surface roll one dough portion into a 12×8-inch rectangle. Cut dough into two 12×4-inch strips; set aside. Repeat with remaining dough portions for 6 strips total.
5. To assemble loaves, brush some of the melted butter onto a dough strip; sprinkle with 2 heaping tablespoons of sugar mixture, 3 tablespoons chopped peaches and a rounded tablespoon of pecans. Top with a second dough strip and repeat with the filling ingredients. Repeat three more times to create a stack of five strips. Top with remaining strip. Cut the stack crosswise into six 4×2-inch sections. Carefully transfer three of the sections, cut sides up, into one of the prepared pans, leaving room around the edges to allow for the bread to rise and expand. Place remaining sections in second pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double, 30 to 50 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake loaves for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Using the edges of the parchment, lift the loaves out of the pans. Remove loaves from parchment to a serving plate; transfer any drippings from parchment to bread by inverting parchment over loaves.
7. For caramel topping, in a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cream. Bring to boiling. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Spoon topping over loaves. Serve warm.