Grilled Brats with Homemade Relish
Crunchy relish introduces mustard flavor to the juicy brats. Lightly toast the buns on the grill during the last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling.
- 30 min.
- 5 min.
- In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to gentle boiling. Continue to boil until reduced to about
1 cup and mixture is slightly syrupy. Stir in oil. Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cabbages, broccoli, onion, carrot and kale. Add cooled vinegar mixture; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In a large saucepan, combine bratwurst and apple juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, rearranging once until brats reach 160°F on an instant-read thermometer. Drain brats; place on grill rack. Grill over medium heat for
5 to 8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Serve brats in toasted buns topped with relish.