Grilled Pork Chops and Peaches
Thick loin chops marinate in a simple, yet elegant blend of balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and fresh herbs. Reserve a portion of the mixture for making a distinctive drizzle to sauce the grilled meat and fruit duo.
- 8 min.
- 20 min.
1. For marinade, in a 2-cup liquid measure or small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup of the olive oil, vinegar, brown sugar, fresh herb, mustard, salt and pepper. Reserving 1/2 cup for sauce, pour remaining marinade into a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
2. Rub pork chops with garlic halves; add garlic and pork chops to marinade. Seal; marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours.
3. Heat grill for direct cooking to medium heat. Drain pork chops, discarding marinade. Grill for 10 to 14 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145˚F, turning halfway through grilling. Remove chops; tent with foil and let rest 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, brush both sides of peaches with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill over direct heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until charred and softened.
5. For sauce, bring reserved 1/2 cup marinade from step 1 to boiling, uncovered, over medium heat. Remove from heat; whisk in butter until melted. Serve over pork chops and peaches.