Healthy Old-Fashioned Peach and Oat Cobbler
Traditional peach cobbler gets a healthful transformation—and improved taste—with whole grain flour and naturally sweet peach nectar. Frozen sliced peaches, available year round and with comparable nutrition to fresh, take much of the work out of grandma’s recipe.
- Makes 9 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. For topping, in a bowl combine flours, 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two table knives until the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
3. For filling, in a saucepan combine peach nectar, the 1⁄3 cup sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Bring to boiling over medium-high heat. Add peaches, stirring to coat. Remove from heat and pour into prepared baking dish.
4. Stir milk into topping mixture, stirring just until moistened. Using spoons, drop topping in small mounds onto filling. Sprinkle with natural sugar crystals, if desired.
5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted just off-center in topping comes out clean.