Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry
- 50 min.
- Makes 4 servings
1. For marinade, in a medium bowl combine soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Add chicken, tossing to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for batter, in a medium bowl whisk together eggs, 1/4 cup of the cornstarch, baking powder and pepper. Drain chicken; add to batter, coating well.
3. Heat about two inches of oil in a deep fryer or deep saucepan. Oil is ready when it reaches 350°F, or when a pinch of flour sizzles immediately. Cook batter-coated chicken in batches in hot oil about 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels; keep warm.
4. For sauce, combine sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch; stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add lemon slices; set aside.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
6. Stir sauce; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove lemon slices. Serve chicken and broccoli topped with sauce. Serve with hot cooked rice.