Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Rich-tasting make-ahead mashed potatoes eliminate last-minute effort and cleanup.
- Makes 24 servings (1/2 cup each)
1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Fill with cold water. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return to pan.
2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher, ricer or electric mixer. Add cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, salt and pepper; whip until light and fluffy.
3. Transfer to a 13×9×2-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
4. Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until heated through.