Noodle Bowl Korean Beef
Seasoned with soy sauce, the richly flavored broth has a pleasant heat that comes from red pepper flakes. Substitute pork or chicken for steak, or make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth and firm tofu, cut into cubes.
- 30 min.
- In a medium bowl, soak soba noodles in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, red pepper and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in a small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks to desired doneness. Cool slightly and cut into strips.
- In same skillet, heat remaining sesame oil. Add noodles and green onions; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until green onions are softened. Stir in broth mixture; heat through.
- Divide noodle and broth mixture among four serving bowls. Top with broccoli, cabbage and beef slices. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition facts per serving: 464 calories, 20 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 52 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 28 g sugar, 25 g protein. Daily Values: 0% vitamin A, 26% vitamin C, 8% calcium, 12% iron.