Pecan Crumble Sweet Potato Casserole
Nutrient-rich, beautiful in color and available year-round, sweet potatoes are more popular than ever. This lightly sweetened baked dish, similar in taste and texture to pumpkin pie, is an ideal complement to fall and winter menus. It’s likely, however, to become a favorite whatever the time of year.
- Makes 20 servings (1/2 cup each)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking pan and pierce with a fork several times. Bake 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
2. Remove skins from sweet potatoes. Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add granulated sugar, milk, 1/4 cup softened butter, eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth. Spread into a greased 13×9×2-inch baking dish.
3. For topping, thoroughly combine pecan pieces, dark brown sugar, flour and 1/4 cup melted butter. Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until crumb topping begins to turn golden.