Penne with Salmon
Flaked salmon makes this dish perfect for any seafood lover on a budget. Fresh flavors
of lemon and the pleasures of assorted vegetables complement this quick, easy dish.
- 30 min.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush both sides of salmon with 1 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
2. Toss asparagus with 1 teaspoon olive oil and garlic; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Place on baking sheet with salmon.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. Remove from oven and flake salmon with a fork; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook until al dente, about 13 minutes. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, add carrot and squash ribbons. Drain pasta mixture, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
5. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. In a large bowl, combine pasta mixture, reserved cooking water, salmon, asparagus mixture and sauce; toss just until combined. Divide mixture among four dinner plates; sprinkle with goat cheese. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Per Serving492 g Calories, 20 g Fat, 5 g Saturated Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 42 mg Cholesterol, 298 mg Sodium, 52 g Carbs, 8 g Fiber, 7 g Sugar, 29 g Protein