Pepper and Herb Encrusted Flank Steak
- 10 min.
- 12 min.
- Makes 6 servings
1. Pat steak dry with paper towels. Place steak on plastic wrap at least twice its length. Rub evenly with salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir thyme, rosemary, black pepper, garlic, crushed red pepper, brown sugar and olive oil into a paste; rub over steak, distributing evenly.
3. Wrap steak tightly in the plastic wrap. Refrigerate on a plate 2 to 24 hours.
4. Heat grill for direct cooking to high heat.
5. Grill steak for 8 to 12 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145˚F), turning once halfway through grilling.
6. Remove steak; tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain.