Pineapple with Rum Sauce and Coconut Ice Cream
When pineapple is seared on the grill, the flesh softens, allowing some of the natural sugars to caramelize.
- 30 min.
- 2 min.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place six (½-cup) scoops ice cream on prepared pan. Use your hands to form ice cream into balls; roll each ball into coconut. Freeze ice cream balls for at least
- For rum sauce, in a medium saucepan melt butter. Add brown sugar, rum, whipping cream and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Cool.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill with greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium heat. Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple; peel and cut pineapple crosswise into 6 rings. Use a spoon or apple corer to carve out the center core of each ring.
- Grill pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes until grill marks have appeared, turning once and brushing occasionally with some of the rum sauce.
- For each serving, place a pineapple slice on a dessert plate. Top with coconut ice cream ball. Drizzle remaining rum sauce over top.
Nutrition facts per serving: 797 calories, 41 g fat, 32 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 52 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 98 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 63 g sugar, 7 g protein. Daily Values: 14% vitamin A, 183% vitamin C, 15% calcium, 16% iron.