Raspberry Cream Danish Braids
These buttery, flaky braids are best eaten the same day they are made.
- 30 min.
- 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- For cream filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- On prepared baking sheets, unroll dough; press each into a 12×8-inch rectangle. For each loaf, spread half of the cream filling down the center third of the dough rectangle. Sprinkle half of the raspberries on the cream. Using a pastry wheel or pizza cutter, make 2-inch-long cuts from the edges toward the center at ¾- to 1-inch intervals. Starting at one end, alternately fold opposite strips of dough at an angle across filling. Slightly press the ends together in the center to seal.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on wire racks for 20 minutes.
- For vanilla glaze, in a small bowl combine powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread over braids. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition facts per serving: 277 calories, 13 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 2 g trans fat, 36 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 5 g protein. Daily Values: 5% vitamin A, 9% vitamin C, 4% calcium, 7% iron.