Roasted Vegetable Wheat Pizza
Vegetables star on this vitamin-rich whole-wheat pizza. A layer of low-fat ricotta cheese supports the crisp-tender veggies and Parmesan tops off the dish. Unlike most pizzas, the sprinkling of cheese doesn’t upstage the outstanding main ingredients.
- Makes 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 500˚F.
2. In a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, combine broccoli, artichokes, squash, bell pepper, balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil; toss to coat vegetables with oil. Season with salt. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking time.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 450˚F.
4. Brush remaining olive oil on pizza crust. Place crust on a baking pan and bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. In a bowl, combine ricotta and minced garlic; spread on hot pizza crust. Top crust with roasted vegetables; sprinkle with Parmesan.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.