Discover how easy it is to make focaccia. You’ll understand why this bread is a staple in Italian kitchens.
- Makes 15 servings (1 square each)
1. Generously spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine 3 cups flour and 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt. Process until combined, about 5 seconds.
3. In a 2-cup measure, stir together milk, yeast, sugar and dried rosemary. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. With food processor running, slowly pour milk mixture in a stream through feed tube until dough forms.
4. On a lightly-floured surface, knead dough by hand until smooth and elastic. Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray; place dough in bowl and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400˚F. Punch down dough and stretch into a 1⁄4-inch-thick rectangle. Place on prepared baking sheet. Evenly prick surface with a fork and make small indentations with your fingers. Brush on remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool briefly on a wire rack. Serve warm.