Rustic Fruit Pizza
A skillet-size sugar cookie is the canvas for this masterpiece, topped with sweetened mascarpone cheese and a medley of fresh fruit. Cast iron creates a crisp, golden crust. Grease the skillet generously to prevent sticking.
- 15 min.
- 35 min.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for indirect cooking over medium heat. Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet; set aside.
- For crust, press cookie dough into prepared skillet. Grill for 35 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove skillet from grill; cool for 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. Grill nectarine slices for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly charred, turning once. Remove from grill.
- For topping, combine mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons honey and vanilla; stir in whipping
cream until mixture is smooth.
- Spread mascarpone mixture evenly over cookie crust. Arrange fruit on top. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, drizzle with honey. If desired, garnish with lemon zest. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition facts per serving: 441 calories, 25 g fat, 12 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 33 g sugar, 5 g protein. Daily Values: 4% vitamin A, 10% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 7% iron.