Skillet Potato Pancakes
For this recipe, be sure to use russet potatoes. These potatoes have low moisture and high starch content, ideal for staying together, not falling apart, while frying.
- 18 (1 pancake each)
1. Grate potatoes and onion in a food processor. Place grated potatoes and onion in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the liquid.
2. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Coat with a thin film of canola oil.
4. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup potato mixture onto griddle; flatten to thin pancake. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until golden, 2 minutes more. Drain on paper towels.
5. Serve immediately with ketchup, sour cream or applesauce.