Spring Risotto with Mushrooms and Peas
A creamy dish of risotto brings simple elegance to any meal. Try using a combination of porcini, oyster and baby bella mushrooms to get a distinctive woodsy flavor.
- 10 min.
- 40 min.
1. In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to barely simmering.
2. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms and garlic; cook about 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Stir in rice. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until slightly fragrant. Add wine, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed.
4. Ladle 1/2 cup of the warm broth into rice; cook and stir until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until broth is absorbed and rice is al dente, about 25 minutes. Add peas with last addition of broth.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in mushrooms and their liquid, Parmesan cheese, chives, thyme and pepper.