Streusel-Topped Blueberry Muffins
All blueberry muffins are not created equal. In this batch, a crunchy brown sugar crumble tops blueberry-studded batter laced with nutmeg. These bring bakery flair to the breakfast table.
- Makes 18 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Cut in ½ cup cold, diced butter. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture to reserve for crumb topping.
3. In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add to flour mixture, mixing just until combined; batter should be lumpy. Gently stir in blueberries. Fill each muffin cup three-fourths full.
4. Combine reserved flour mixture with the brown sugar. Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture on muffin batter.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.