Tequila-Lime Beef and Chicken Fajitas
Tender, juicy flank steak and chicken breasts seasoned in a tequila-lime marinade take on a bold, delicious flavor. Served in tortillas with veggies charred by the grill, these fajitas are perfect for a party.
- 30 min.
- 20 min.
1. For marinade, stir together broth, lime juice, tequila, olive oil, chilies, garlic, salt and hot pepper sauce.
2. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Place steak and chicken in a heavy plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Add 1 1/2 cups marinade. Seal bag; turn meat to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally. Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers and onion in another bag. Seal and marinate in the same manner.
3. Spray grill grate with cooking spray. Heat grill to medium heat. Stack the tortillas and wrap in a double thickness of heavy foil.
4. Remove steak and chicken from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Grill steak, chicken and vegetables over direct heat to desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. Allow 8 to 10 minutes for slightly tender and charred vegetables, 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness on steak and 12 to 15 minutes for chicken (165°F). Remove meat and vegetables from grill.
5. Place tortilla packet on grill. Grill for 2 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
6. In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Thinly slice steak and chicken into bite-size strips and cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Transfer steak, chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade.
7. Serve in tortillas topped with salsa and sour cream. If desired, garnish with cilantro.