Towering T-Bone with Garlic Rosemary Butter
This giant steak can feed a family. Cut the meat off the bone, leaving it in place. Drizzle with rosemary-steeped butter for a dramatic presentation.
- 5 min.
- 25 min.
- Trim fat from steak and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill with greased grill rack for direct cooking over medium-high heat on one side of grill and indirect heat on the other.
- Rub steak with olive oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak over direct heat for 10 minutes, turning once. Meanwhile, prepare Garlic Rosemary Butter.
- Move steak over to indirect heat on grill rack and stand upright on the bone. Grill, covered, to desired doneness. Allow 18 to 20 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 20 to 25 minutes for medium (160°F). Let steak rest, loosely covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
- To serve, carve the steak away from the bone; cut pieces into ½-inch slices and drizzle with Garlic Rosemary Butter.
GARLIC ROSEMARY BUTTER: In a foil loaf pan, combine 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, ½ cup butter and
2 to 3 crushed cloves garlic. Grill over direct medium heat 8 minutes or until butter is melted and bubbling, and rosemary and garlic have infused the butter with flavor. Move pan to indirect heat and keep warm.
Nutrition facts per serving: 515 calories, 45 g fat, 22 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 133 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 25 g protein. Daily Values: 16% vitamin A,
1% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 15% iron.