Triple Cheese Macaroni
Two aspects of this macaroni and cheese set it apart from others. First, smoky-flavor Gouda cheese adds depth of flavor. Second, skim milk, less butter and reduced-fat cheese cut down on the fat content.
- Makes 6 servings (about 1 cup each)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish (or individual baking dishes) with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook about 1 minute. Add flour and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in milk and ground mustard until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Cook about 2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted.
4. Remove from heat and add cooked macaroni. Pour into prepared dish(es). Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.