Whole Wheat Pasta and Herb Vegetable Sauce
Whole wheat pasta is perfectly suited to accompany flavorful herbed vegetables. To make this a main dish, stir a can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans into the sauce and top it all with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 4 servings
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes or until softened.
2. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in undrained tomatoes and herbes de Provence. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare penne pasta according to package directions. Serve vegetables over hot pasta.