Building muscle and eliminating excess fat is a goal that most men have. However, without the proper supplements, this can be a difficult goal to achieve. There are dozens of supplements on the market that promise to produce results fast.
CrazyBulk Anvarol claims to be Anavar’s legal alternative. Anavar is an anabolic steroid. This supplement is for bodybuilders who want to lose fat while maintaining their muscle mass.
Before buying Anvarol, it is best to read a thorough review on this supplement. Having the details about its safety, the ingredients and how to take it makes it easier to determine if this supplement meets your needs.
What Are the Anvarol Claims?
Anvarol makes multiple claims about its abilities, including:
- Retains muscle mass while burning fat
- Stimulates phosphocreatine synthesis
- Eliminates excess water in the body
- Boosts strength and stamina
- Improves vascularity
CrazyBulk states that you will notice results within 30 days maximum. Of course, this is dependent on taking the supplement according to the instructions and combining it with the proper diet and exercise program for your goals.
What Are the Ingredients in Anvarol?
The ingredients in a supplement determine if it is effective. Exploring the research to see if the ingredients actually work for their intended purpose is imperative to determine if this supplement is the best choice to help you to meet your goals.
The ingredients in Anvarol include:
- Soy protein
- Branch chain amino acids (BCAA)
- Adenosine 5-triphosphate disodium
- Whey protein
- Yam root
Depending on who you ask, soy protein is either a holy grail for bodybuilding or it is an ingredient that you must avoid at all costs. This type of protein is made up of 36 percent protein, 14 percent moisture, 30 percent carbohydrates and 10 percent oils. It also contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamin E
- The full vitamin B complex
Soy protein powders are processed in a way that make them healthier. In one study, researchers fed rats with soy protein that also had methionine in it. Compared to the rats that received casein protein, the soy-fed rats grew at a similar rate. This helps to show that soy protein can help to preserve lean muscle mass.
One major concern about soy protein is that it could potentially reduce testosterone levels while increasing estrogen levels. However, research shows that there are no negative effects on testosterone or the reproductive system.
Soy protein may also increase thyroid output. It is important that the thyroid is releasing hormones at the right levels to support a healthy weight. By increasing the output of thyroid hormones, bodybuilders can shed excess fat without a negative impact on their lean muscle mass.
Branch Chain Amino Acids
BCAAs are a specific type of amino acids that are considered special in the bodybuilding community. They may help to promote a faster recovery from your workouts, better protein absorption, reduced muscle fatigue and increased levels of other amino acid types in the body. If you do not get enough BCAAs, this may contribute to losing some lean muscle mass.
There are three amino acids in the branched chain group, including:
Unlike other essential amino acids, BCAAs are largely metabolized by the body’s skeletal muscle. Other essential amino acids are metabolized by the liver. BCAAs play multiple roles in the body:
- Protein synthesis: Since these amino acids increase protein synthesis in the muscles, it makes them both anti-catabolic and anabolic. Anabolic means that they contribute to muscle building. Anti-catabolic means that they offer protection against muscle damage.
- Forming other amino acids: BCAAs play a role in the formation of the amino acids’ glutamine and alanine. Your body normally goes to your muscle mass to get these amino acids. When you use BCAAs, it does not have to which helps to preserve your lean muscle mass. Alanine is important for helping you to power through your workout. Glutamine is important for nitrogen balance and protein synthesis, both of which play a role in muscle mass.
- Energy production: Amino acids are ketogenic, glucogenic or a mixture of both. Glucogenic means that through gluconeogenesis, the amino acid helps to produce glucose. Ketogenic means that it works to create the fatty acid precursor known as acetyl-CoA. Valine is glucogenic, leucine is ketogenic and isoleucine is a mixture of both. Leucine is especially important for promoting the production of energy. It helps the skeletal muscle to main high ATP levels. ATP is a type of molecule that aids with muscle contraction by moving energy to the cells.
- Leptin regulation: Leucine is important for stimulating leptin expression. Leptin is a type of hormone in the body. When leptin is secreted at higher levels, this is associated with decreased body fat. This works to reduce your appetite so that it is easier to control what you are eating for weight loss.
During exercise, the body has increased demand for energy. To use any stored BCAAs, the body will break down muscle. When you supplement with BCAAs, you are giving your body the BCAAs that it relies on during exercise without it needing to break down muscle. This allows you to maintain your lean muscle, as well as your glucose and energy levels.
Adenosine 5-Triphosphate Disodium
This ingredient is crucial for energy. Your body creates ATP when you are using your muscles so that it can keep up with the increasing energy demands. However, the muscles cannot store a lot of ATP. Because of this, when you are working out, this energy is used fast. Your body then goes to glucose, oxygen and phosphocreatine to aid in the replenishment of ATP.
When you supplement with ATP, this can improve how much blood is getting to active tissues in your body. As a result, you speed up your recovery and boost your physical performance. These benefits are imperative for those who are exercising most days of the week and do not have time for extended rest periods in between their workouts.
Improved endurance and strength have also been observed with ATP supplementation. One study looked at people who supplemented with ATP for two weeks while carrying out a bodybuilding routine. The results concluded that their muscle tissue levels of ATP did not increase. However, the participants in the study did have a 70-percent increase in their bench-press repetitions compared to the placebo group.
Whey protein is a common supplement in the bodybuilding world. This protein is comprised of whey and casein protein. The whey component is about 20 percent and the casein component is about 80 percent.
This is a type of complete protein. This means that it contains all of the nine amino acids that are considered to be essential for protein synthesis. You must consume these amino acids because the body is not able to make them on its own. Whey protein is also high in BCAAs. Whey protein has numerous benefits for those working on building or maintaining their muscle mass, including:
- It helps to increase the effects of any resistance training you engage in
- This protein helps to promote healthy weight loss
- Whey protein might be helpful for decreasing your appetite
- It is a balanced source of both peptides and amino acids
- Whey protein contains high levels of glutamine
- The protein ratio is considered high efficiency
- The intestines absorb this protein quickly, and it crosses the stomach fast
Yam root is an ingredient that is becoming more popular in different bodybuilding supplements. It contains a chemical referred to as diosgenin. When someone consumes yam root, a chemical reaction occurs that causes the rapid production of hormones. This action causes an enhancement of the body’s metabolic processes and responses.
Progesterone levels are increased as a result of these responses and processes. This is a type of hormone that plays a role in the production of the testosterone hormone. When your testosterone levels are sufficient, this helps with muscle strength, building and endurance.
Having adequate testosterone levels is also critical for proper body fat levels. When testosterone levels are low, body fat levels tend to increase. Because of this, yam root may help to reduce the levels of body fat. Since it does this by promoting good testosterone levels, people can lose weight without the risk of losing muscle mass.
There are some inactive ingredients in this supplement, including:
- Rice flour
- Vegetable stearate
There are milk and soy products in this supplement. Anvarol does not contain any of the following:
- Artificial colors, sweeteners or flavorings
Pros and Cons of Anvarol
Every supplement has pros and cons. Learning about the pros and cons associated with Anvarol helps you to determine if it is the right supplement for your goals.
- This supplement works quickly
- Both women and men can use it
- It helps to promote energy so that you can tackle tough workouts
- There is no prescription necessary for Anvarol
- The ingredients are 100 percent natural
- This supplement is taken orally, so there are no painful injections
- You can start seeing results in about one month
- You have to take three capsules at the same time
- This supplement is only available online, so you have to wait for it to ship to you
- It has a premium price tag
What Are the Potential Side Effects?
Everything has the potential to cause side effects. The blend of ingredients in this supplement may cause side effects for some people. Possible side effects may include: Tiredness, Reduced appetite, Diarrhea, Sweating…..
Most people take Anvarol without any negative health effects. However, it is important to know what the potential side effects so that you know what to be looking for. Should any serious side effects happen, or minor side effects worsen, it is best to seek help from a doctor.
When side effects do occur, they are usually temporary and decrease as you continue to take Anvarol. Digestive complaints and headaches are the most common side effects.
Who Should Not Take Anvarol?
Not all supplements are ideal for every person. Anvarol is not the best choice for people whose goal is just to build muscle. This supplement is ideal for those who want to preserve their lean muscle mass while cutting excess body fat.
This supplement will not produce results if you slack with your nutrition and training regimens. You should ensure that your regimens reflect your goals before adding Anvarol or any other supplement to your strategy.
Due to the ingredients, there are a few contraindications to know about:
- Allergies to adenosine analogues
- Milk allergy
- Protein substance allergy
- Parathyroid gland hyperactivity
- Branched-chain ketoaciduria
- Hormone-sensitive conditions
Most of these contraindications are relatively rare, so most people can take this supplement without issue. However, if you have any of these allergies or conditions, consult with a doctor before using this supplement.
While this supplement is primarily marketed toward men, women can also use it. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, talk to your doctor before using it. The research regarding Anvarol’s safety during breastfeeding and pregnancy is limited, so it is unknown if it could be contraindicated.
How to Take Anvarol
This supplement is meant for cycling. It is recommended that you use it for two months, take a break for 1.5 weeks and then start taking it again. Every two months take a 1.5-week break.
The serving size is three capsules daily. Take the dose approximately 15 minutes after finishing your workout. You should take all three capsules with a full glass of water (about eight ounces).
If you have a post-workout meal or snack, be mindful of the macronutrients due to the protein content in this supplement. Your post-workout food can contain protein, but the primary macronutrients should be healthy fats and complex carbohydrates instead of mostly protein.
Can You Stack Anvarol?
CrazyBulk has a few recommendations about supplements to stack Anvarol with for further results. All supplements are made by the same company. These include:
This is a fat burner that purportedly helps the body to metabolize fat faster. Those looking to lose weight and bodybuilders in cutting mode can use this supplement. It contains:
- Garcinia cambogia extract: This ingredient may block carbohydrates and starches from converting into fat. It may also reduce appetite.
- Guarana extract: This ingredient may increase fat-burning and your metabolism.
- Citrus aurantium: This ingredient is similar to ephedrine on a chemical level. It may increase basal metabolism to promote weight loss.
- Nicotinamide: This ingredient is vitamin B3. It may promote greater fat loss by enhancing blood glucose levels and calorie expenditure.
This supplement promises to do the following:
- Increase strength
- Preserve muscle mass
- Build lean muscle mass
- Improve performance
It contains the following ingredients:
- Acetyle L-carnitine: This ingredient may promote better bone density and muscle growth. It might also contribute to better fat loss.
- Choline bitartrate: This ingredient promotes energy to reduce fatigue during exercise.
- Safflower oil: This extract may encourage more weight loss.
- Wild yam root: This ingredient focuses on promoting a stronger libido and greater stamina.
- DMAE: This ingredient focuses on your mental health. It may help you to maintain the mental clarity and focus to continue with your workout plan.
This supplement is used to boost energy levels and strength. It is said to increase testosterone levels. This supplement may also promote greater fat burning and reduce recovery time after workouts. It contains the following:
- D-aspartic acid: This ingredient may increase testosterone levels.
- Fenugreek extract: This ingredient may help to lower estrogen levels to promote greater strength.
- Bioperine: This ingredient increases the bioavailability of the supplement’s other ingredients. This means that the body absorbs more of each ingredient for a more intense effect.
- Zinc: This mineral may contribute to more testosterone production in the body.
- Nettle leaf extract: Some of the compounds in this ingredient make testosterone more bioavailable in the body. It might also prevent the body from converting testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.
- Magnesium: This mineral may improve sleep quality and boost testosterone levels.
- Vitamin D3: This vitamin reduces the risk of a deficiency. A deficiency in this vitamin may result in more estrogen and less testosterone in the body.
- Red ginseng extract: This ingredient may improve energy levels and muscle gains.
Make sure to take Anvarol exactly as directed on the label. Taking more that recommended will not increase your results. In fact, it could be potentially dangerous. Before you start taking this supplement, it is best to talk to a doctor or nutritionist to ensure that it is the best option for your goals.