Luxi Mattress is one of the most luxurious sleeping products currently in the market. It is a 10″ memory foam mattress that features the “Flip-it / split-it” function.
The manufacturing company argues that this innovation allows the mattress to be customized on each side. It, therefore, adjusts based on the comfort preferences of each sleeper.
It surpasses the regular memory foam mattresses that are usually described as “one-size-fits-all”.
Luxi Mattress is a great option for couples and partners that share a bed. Each individual will get the desired comfort level for quality sleep.
Check out our review of Luxi Mattress to learn more about it in order to establish whether it is the best for you!
Luxi Mattress Construction
Luxi Mattress is 10 inches thick and comes with 4 distinct layers of
- Memory foam
- Support balancing technology
- Support foam
It is designed with extraordinary technology with the aim of achieving top-level support and the softness needed within the layers.
Support Balancing Technology (SBT) layer is patent pending and is the main innovation featured. It comes with cushioning alongside conforming attributes. It further has a responsive elasticity so that it gets back to shape each time you shift your sleeping position.
The SBT is designed such that all your pressure points are fully supported. While this is a memory foam mattress, its provision of support works just like the spring or pocket coil technology.
What we love most about the Luxi foam mattress is the “flip it / split it” innovation. Once you purchase it, you can reconfigure the top three layers such that you attain the desired comfort on each side. This means that different users can attain different firmness levels while sleeping on the same mattress.
For couples, one individual may prefer a firmer sleeping surface while the other may want it a bit softer. With Luxi Mattress, you can achieve this because each side can be reconfigured. The mattress makes it possible for each person to customize his or her side according to his or her needs
There are various custom components that each sleeper can add to enhance the support level and meet other individual needs.
Let’s dive into each layer;
- Top layer- This is the comfort layer in Luxi Mattress, and it is made up of 1.5 inches of latex. The latex is enhanced by open cell memory foam. It gives the mattress a cooling effect that allow you to sleep comfortably throughout the night. What’s more, it adds the desired bounce.
- Second layer- This is the support layer of Luxi Mattress, and it is designed with 1 inch of memory foam. It is highly responsive for adequate support and provides pressure relief. It is also responsible for motion isolation.
- Transition layer- This 3.5 inch mid layer is made of branded Support Balancing Technology layer. It is used to complement the role of latex and memory foam layers. It also adds support to the sleeper.
- Foundation layer- The base layer is made 3.5 inches of foam. It provides foundation for the other layers.
- Cover- Luxi Mattress is made of quilted foam that is super soft for sleeping comfort. It has a zipper so that you can remove it easily to configure the mattress layers as needed. The foam is also complemented by organic cotton that makes the cover breathable for airflow. The cover’s design also gives it a good wear life.
One of the drawbacks of using memory foam mattresses is that they tend to become hotter than other mattresses when one sleeps on them. Luxi Mattress, however, features a design that addresses this issue.
It comes with a perforated latex layer whose cooling effect is enhanced by the grid system. The mattress also comes with a breathable cover, which ensures that the airflow dissipates the heat around the sleeping surface for a cooling effect. You, however, will sleep much cooler if you reconfigure the 3-in-1 mattress to medium firmness.
The main reason for recommending Luxi Mattress to couples is its edge support. If you share a bed, it is high likely that you want a wide sleeping surface. This is because you do not want your sleep interrupted every time your partner gets in or out of bed.
Edge support is a problem usually associated with memory foam mattresses. However, Luxi Mattress is designed with Support Balancing Technology, which enhances its edge support uniquely.
It has its edges fully reinforced to ensure that when you sleep or sit on the edges, you will feel a cradling compression towards the mattress and away from the edge. This way, you will stay comfortable and not feel like you are falling off. The rolling out issue is further eliminated by the specially made base layer that supports your weight throughout the top layers.
Back sleepers argue that the amount of support experienced at the center of Luxi Mattress is almost the same as that felt at the edges.
The firmness of any mattress is defined by the amount of support it provides and how it feels to the sleeper.
Using a firmness scale where 10 is the firmest; Luxi Mattress would score a 6 for its medium firmness level. However, we mentioned that Luxi Mattress could be reconfigured to the desired level of support. As such, if you unzip the cover and flip the top 3 layers to the former side, Luxi Mattress would score about 7.5. If you love it a little softer, Luxi Mattress can attain a firmness score of 4. With its trial period, most users are able to experiment with different configurations in a bid to find the firmness level that suits them best
As a result, the firmness level alternatives have made Luxi Mattress a favorite for many.
So, how does Luxi Mattress feel when adjusted to medium firmness?
The cover of this mattress is super soft and it is adjacent a quick responding layer for the medium firmness. This way, it lets you sink right into the LuxiTex layer that provides support.
Luxi Mattress is further constructed with a Shape Matching Technology that makes it ideal for all sleepers. Since it moves in various directions, once you sink into it, the third layer will contour to the shape of your body. Consequently, the pressure points will attain more support than the lighter body parts. This maintains the neutral alignment of your spinal cord, thus eliminating back pain.
The LuxiTex is highly responsive and works alongside the supportive base layer to achieve the required bounce. As you change sleeping positions, therefore, you will not feel stuck because it allows quick repositioning. This makes the mattress quiet accommodative.
All these features make medium firmness configuration a perfect setting for side, back, and stomach sleepers. In fact, the manufacturer advises users to try the medium firmness before deciding to reconfigure it further.
Motion Isolation and Sinkage
Memory foam mattresses are well known for their ability to limit motion transfer on shared beds. This is because the heavily infused foam will limit the amount of bounce felt.
While all the four layers of Luxi Mattress are specially constructed, they all feature memory foam, which isolates motion pretty well. It is imperative to note that the intensity of motion felt while sleeping on a mattress will determine whether it is suitable for couples.
The Support Balancing Technology layer is a perfect innovation for Luxi Mattress because it limits the distribution of motion across the entire sleeping surface. This reduces the level of disturbance you are likely to feel when your partner moves in or out of the bed in the middle of the night.
Basically, Luxi Mattress will absorb most of the motion leading to no or minimal partner sleep disruption.
When it comes to Sinkage, your sleeping position will determine whether you will be sleeping in or on the mattress.
An average weight back sleeper might sink up to 1.5 inches on the edges of the Luxi Mattress while a side sleeper may sink up to 3.5 inches. When sleeping in the middle of the mattress, the back sleeper might sink up to 3.5 inches while the side sleeper may go up to 7 inches.
The Luxi Mattress, therefore, is ideal for side sleepers because it provides adequate pressure-relieving Sinkage.
If you are looking for more Sinkage, you can reconfigure Luxi Mattress to the softer side. On the other hand, you could reconfigure it to the firmer side if you want less Sinkage.
You will love Luxi Mattress if:
- You share your bed with someone – If you purchase a Queen size Luxi Mattress or larger, you will get to split it into two. Each of you will have a chance of rearranging the 3-in-1 layers to fit your needs. This also makes the mattress great for motion isolation. If one of you is a light sleeper, he/she will not have to worry about disturbance when the other one turns.
- You like sleeping cool – For most people, the highest level of comfort is achieved if the mattress they are sleeping on has a cooling effect. If you are such a person, Luxi Mattress is ideal for you because its cover is breathable and its latex layer is perforated for better airflow. With this mattress, you will remain cool throughout the night and will not have to worry about sweating or overheating.
- If you prefer sleeping on your sides – Luxi Mattress is a great choice for people who sleep in multiple positions because it will relieve pressure despite how much you toss during your sleep. For side sleepers, Luxi Mattress is specially designed with a grid system. This will eliminate pressure on the heavier points of your body. Your hips, shoulders, and knees will be well supported and comfortable all night long.
- You love memory foam mattresses – For the sleepers who prefer memory foam mattresses, Luxi Mattress will provide everything you need for a comfortable sleep. It combines support, comfort, coolness, responsiveness, contouring, and more in one package. Even the people who love sleeping on spring or pocket coil mattresses would love Luxi Mattress for its bounce.
- You are looking for a product that gives you great value for your money- The desire of every consumer is to buy a great sleeping product that will provide comfort for quality sleep. Luxi Mattress is sold at a super affordable price for its quality. It also comes with a 100-day sleep trial period. During this time, you can reconfigure the 3-in-1 sleeping surface to identify the firmness level that best meets your needs. It also has a 10-year warranty that directly depicts its great value. Once you decide to purchase Luxi Mattress, the manufacturer will have it delivered free of charge to your doorstep.
- You want an adjustable mattress – One of the unique features of Luxi Mattress is the fact that it is customizable. This makes it a good sleeping product for people who are unsure of what they want. After setting the mattress up, you can unzip it and flip its layers around until you get the support, sinkage, firmness, coolness, and comfort that you are looking for.
You will not love Luxi Mattress if:
- You prefer sleeping on your back or stomach – For the stomach and back sleepers; Luxi Mattress does not provide adequate support for you. Although you can configure it to the firmer side, it will still remain soft due to its softer layers.
- You love innerspring mattresses – Some sleepers find innerspring mattresses more appealing and comfortable. Although the Luxi Mattress is comfortable and bouncy, such a person will definitely feel more comfortable sleeping on an innerspring mattress.
The Luxi Mattress will be delivered to you in a box. Depending on your strength, you may need an extra pair of hands to set it up.
When it is set, you may notice minimal off gassing that can be said to be average as compared to the other boxed sleeping products.
After setting the mattress up, you will need to allow the smell to dissipate by leaving the room well ventilated. Within a few hours, the mattress should be ready for use.
Luxi is made in US, meaning that it meets high standard expectations. The foam used in the construction of Luxi Mattress is Certi-PUR US certified. This makes the sleeping product friendly to the environment and safe for your use.
Luxi Mattress is a great sleeping product for couples. If you want to benefit more from its innovation, however, you should get a Queen size or a bigger version of the mattress. This is because the bigger versions come with split foam layers that can be adjusted for a customized firmness level.
The mattress is comfortable, provides adequate support, has motion isolation, and does not become hot when one is sleeping on it. Furthermore, it is made in US from materials that are high quality and durable. Its edge support is also great, ensuring that it provides enough sleeping surface for you.
The overall sleep experience of the users is great. Although Luxi Mattress is one of the best foam mattresses that you could find in the market today, it is not suitable for stomach sleepers who require more support from a firmer mattress. Instead, its construction makes it the best mattress for side, back, and combination sleepers. To make your sleeping experience more fulfilling, the mattress allows you to customize its firmness to fit your preferences!