A good night’s sleep starts with the comfort and quality of your mattress. Mattresses that are too firm cause for the user to rise with aches and pains. Mattresses that are too soft reduce upon the support of the major extremities, once again leading to these deep tissue pains that persist throughout the day. Repeating the nighttime routine can lead to chronic illnesses and irreversible injuries, spiraling the user down a tunnel that sees no light.
At Nolah, creating the complete mattress package is a staple to stand by. The Nolah system combines factors such as air-cooled memory foam, pressure relief mechanisms and designs, and supportive inclusions. The combination of these and other factors leads this brand strive to success. Below is a comprehensive look at the Nolah mattress. This review touches on specific components and breaks down the features and benefits for the user.
Nolah Mattress Construction
The Nolah Original 10 features a layered platform that is 10 inches thick. The 12-inch design is also available to the user and features similar layer properties as highlighted below.
- Top Layer – the first layer comprises the use of Nolah’s AirFoam material. AirFoam operates within similar standards to that of memory foam, bringing the absorbent foundation one needs to support the main muscle groups and extremities. This material is treated in a fashion that creates a non-temperature sensitive build. This allows for the top layer to lock in the air and cool the top portion to a comforting level. This notion also allows for an ease in contouring, creating more impactful surroundings for the body to sleep on.
- Supportive Second Layer – The second layer is created via the usage of high-resilience foam. This foam is harder and stronger than basic latex designs, rendering the proper give upon layering down or rising from the mattress. This material absorbs contact and pressures, increasing the surface area coverage of lift and bounce back. This foam seals and holds the positioning of the level above it, keeping your body in a comfortable, at-rest position.
- Base Layer – The base design continues upon the foam inclusion, calling on high-density materials to create a solid foundation. The design of the mattress allows for Nolah to create a third layer that requires little foundational support or additions. This layer is 7 inches in thickness, comprising the majority of the mattress make up. This material retains shape and build, preventing bowing even under the heaviest of pressures. This design also reduces shock upon standing and laying, easing the user into the proper comfort positions.
- Cover – This mattress utilizes a natural, viscose design. This material is prevalent and instrumental in removing moisture and preventing moisture build-up. This keeps the overall temperature of the mattress in a cool setting, remaining prepared at all hours of the day. This material is light and soft to the touch, creating a luxurious feel at a low-cost price range.
Firmness and Support
On a rating scale of 1-10, the Nolah mattress falls into the 5-6 firmness range. This medium level of firmness represents the proper hardness for side sleepers and those looking for back, shoulder, and hip support. The treated foam design also offers the ample amount of support needed for stomach and back sleepers. The firmness level is reinforced with the different layers of comfort. The second and base layers absorb the give a mattress would emit when placed under pressures, limiting the sink. This layering technique also helps to reinforce the surrounding of the body, catering to the shape of your body and sleeping position. These three layers also work hand-in-hand to increase responsiveness at the base layers, providing a soothing top that remains consistent upon movements and turning.
Full Coverage Design
The unique design of this mattress keeps the body covered no matter the sleeping position or sleeping area. Mattresses often feature give at the edges of the bed, reducing support and limiting therapeutic coverage. The Nolah design allows for undercarriage reinforcement that stretches to the edge of the platforms, reducing cave-in at the edges. This edge support allows for increased compression mechanisms that support the joints and main extremities at all locations of sleep. This coverage allows for a dual-comfort system that keeps both sleeping parties happy and comfortable. The AirFoam design also caters directly to a differing sleep position than that of your partner. Due to the responsive nature of the second and base layers, both parties can obtain their favored sleeping position without having to compromise for comfort and support. Adjusting your sleeping position is a thing of the past with this mattress.
Emitting some form of bounce is important at the base layer. Bounce provides the user a form of resilience that keeps your mattress soft and allows for the proper sink. To combat this notion, this mattress includes the user of high-resilience foam. This foam acts with similar properties to that of latex, which is a stretchy material that returns to form after heavy contact. This material is slightly stronger than latex, boasting positives in terms of mattress life span. This material is also treated to become fully hypoallergenic, reducing upon the build-up of toxins and air-borne germs. This design is also highly breathable, reducing upon the build-up and collection of moisture. The moisture wicking capabilities allow for the mattress to remain cool to the touch and represents a soothing feel for a cool night of rest. Most mattresses utilize springs to create bounce, which slowly damage the body over time. This springless layering technique is utilized to reduce upon discomfort and increase the overall protection needed to provide ample relief over long periods of rest. The resilience layers also double as acting agents to increase your mobility at the top layers. These mobility increases afford users the ability to toss, turn, and switch positions throughout the night with ease. When you are ready to rise, these layers offer enough give to make getting out of bed a breeze.
The different levels of mattress treatment allow for this design to feature a therapeutic title. The reduction of toxin build-up and the reduction of pressure on the main points of ailment greatly improves the natural healing properties of this mattress. The treatment relates to all layers of stacking, reducing any seepage of moisture and keeping your top resistant from air-borne toxins. Due to these treatment types, your mattress remains safe to use over long periods of time. This reduces the need to remove covers for washing and maintenance. The natural healing properties relate directly to a design that reduces upon high pressures at specific body points. Pressure points exist all over the body, so catering to these areas with forms of relief and comfort greatly reduces any chronic problems.
This design also changes the focus of pressure, limiting the attention to pressure on the hips and back. This spread allows for an even distribution of pressures which helps to limit contact in these vulnerable areas of mention. Therapeutic also relates to catering to the natural design of the body. This scientific approach allows this brand to cater to many different body types and forms. Catering to the natural curvature of the spine or creating reinforcement techniques at the hips are just a few areas of acceleration for this mattress type. Therapeutic design also realtes directly to periods of rest, keeping you sleeping longer. This precision measure allows for the user to obtain a full night of rest without having to worry about tossing and turning. This design directly promotes a sound period of rest, limiting the aches and pains that arise from excessive movement during sleep patterns. Complete your night of sound rest with the therapeutic inclusions placed within the Nolah mattress.
One caveat of normal mattresses is their inability to dissipate heat. They trap these warming molecules within the fabrics, reducing the capability of the mattress to remain cool. The Nolah mattress is designed in a fashion that allows for the material to be non-temperature sensitive. This keeps heat from building within the fabric and keeps your mattress cool. The resistance properties keep body heats from absorbing into the layers, lifting this heat to the surface and surrounding areas. This helps to keep your mattress cool during null periods, offering you that cooling sensation your desire when you lay to rest. This combative technology also works to dissipate any heat that is being given off. It meets the heat head-on with cooling properties, canceling out any build-up. This design is carried out between all layers of the mattress, applying treatment to the core. Evenly distributing this treatment also works with moisture wicking capabilities to keep your mattress dry and soft to the touch.
Stacking Up to Other Mattress Brands
The specific nature of the Nolah design renders successful inclusions when compared against other, similar mattress brands. Below are some of the top regions of acceleration with comparisons to other mattress types.
- The Complete Package – The layering design of this mattress renders it capable of being used without a box spring. The natural resilience capabilities of the base and second layers provide the ample support and bounce needed to be placed directly on the ground. Nolah also designs adjustable bedframes that coincide with their mattress creations. No more aches and pains from spring loaded boxes that represent the main areas of support to your mattress.
- Material Usage – Nolah samples from a wide range of materials, citing their own creation with the AirFoam technology. As it relates to a memory foam, AirFoam is more resilience to moisture build-up and is created in a non-temperature sensitive manner. The firmness of this mattress falls directly in the middle of comparable types, suiting the tastes and likeness of most sleepers. This allows the company to shoot for a larger consumer base, catering to all individuals. This mattress also subs strengthened materials in place of items such as latex and silicon. This creates an environmentally friendly stance and strengthens the working components of the mattress.
- Cooling Capabilities – The dual-performance of this mattress allows for moisture wicking capabilities and the reduction of heat build-up. Most mattress brands will shoot for one of these two inclusions, which helps this mattress excel in the discussion against other brands. The capabilities and performance measure this mattress stands by helps excel against the test of time. This keeps this mattress brand relatively maintenance and preparation free.
- Three Layers of Comfort – Most mattresses operate with a single or dual-layer design. These layers are then placed upon a box spring or a frame to keep the supportive measures high. The triple layer design of this mattress reduces upon the call for additional supports. The built-in design keeps all functions relevant and steadily available. The properties of the thicker layers replace the need for a box spring. This reduction technique greatly increases the comfort for the user as box springs often create uneven distributions of weight.
- Mattress Cover – the design of the cover greatly promotes the mentioned capabilities of this mattress. It is the vocal producer and supporter of heat reduction. This cover is also treated to a hypoallergenic coverage, which greatly reduces the threat of illness or the build-up of debris. The cover also holds the cooling capabilities needed to keep your mattress cold prior to usage.
The combination of these mentioned factors keeps Nolah in the discussion of the complete package mattress. Whether it is cooling capabilities, comfort inclusions, or resilient levels, this mattress excels from all angles of the discussion.
Affordability and Summary
With all of these elegant inclusions, the consumer would expect to see a high price tag attached to this model. This is far from the truth as Nolah mattresses fall within the median price range of memory foam mattress types. The user is treated to many inclusions and capabilities that are not seen within standard memory foam creations. This creates a price point that is friendly and beneficial to the consumer.
After discussion some of the main focal points of this mattress, it is time to give a brief overview of inclusions. The layering system works to create the supportive means needed to provide a good night of rest. Each element has its own purpose, creating supportive needs that exceed the layer above it. This provides a top-down design technique that keeps your mattress stable and secure. The treatment inclusions at each level greatly reduce upon the build-up of air-borne toxins and increase the capability of the mattress to cool down. The therapeutic design caters to the direct pressure points on the body, greatly reducing pressures in the main target areas of the hip and back.
Edge supports are also created to emit comfort for both sleeping parties. This edge design also caters to the different sleeping positions the user wishes to access. The median firmness level helps cater to larger coverage of the sleeping population, representing a great fit for the side, back, and stomach sleepers. The AirFoam creation creates a greater resistance to pressures, creating a softer foundation for the user to access. This helps the user rise and sleep with ease. The foam coverage extends from top to bottom, creating a more natural sleeping sink for the user. This design also allows to user to reduce upon the need for uncomfortable box springs or expensive base inclusions. The total price point remains competitive when compared to standard memory foam offers, keeping this brand at the top of the mattress brand discussion. This highlights some of the main areas of acceleration for this mattress brand.
Additional properties and supportive inclusions also exist, creating additional areas of discussion. These additional areas create minimal telling points for inclusions of the mattress, keeping the focus of the discussion on the main attributes of this mattress. If you are searching for a mattress brand that checks the box on the most important categories, Nolah is the proper choice for you.