There is a class of chemicals known as “nootropics” (from the Greek nous that , “mind”, and trepein, “bend”) are used to boost and otherwise increase cognitive function. These chemicals can be organic or man-made, and in order to be classified as a nootropic, they must be able to do the following:
- Enhance memory
- Improve learning ability and capacity
- Improve brain function during cognitive disruptive episodes
- Protect the brain from chemical and physical assualts
- Increase the efficiency of neuron firing control mechanisms in the brain
- Exhibit few or no side effects
- Are nontoxic
On the broader market, nootropics are often called “smart drugs” or cognitive enhancements and are sold as supplements meant to improve brain function and long-term health. No matter what they are called, true nootropics are the brainchild of Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea, a Romanian psychologist and chemist, who set up the first global understanding of cognitive enhancement therapies and supplements. This being said, the strict specifications placed on this classification of the drug by Dr. Giurgea have relaxed somewhat over the years to include a number of supplements that may not meet all of the aforementioned criteria but meet enough to still be considered “nootropic.”
NooCube is one of many nootropic drugs available on the market today. This daily supplement includes a blend of different neuron boosting chemicals and amino acids that are meant to help improve cognitive function in individuals. NooCube is supplied and manufactured by Wolfson Berg Limited, which is a larger global contract manufacturer of nutraceuticals and has been in this market for more than 30 years. The company focuses on research, development, and design of nutraceutical supplements which are then packaged and sold to customers looking for improved means of boosting cognitive function and health overall.
For individuals concerned about quality, NooCube is produced in FDA approved facilities and the company is always open for questions, concerns, and the like. This supplement involves taking two capsules every day, in addition to a healthy lifestyle, to start seeing cognitive improvements.
NooCube is made up of the following ingredients:
- Alpha GPC – Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine (GCP) can help increase the levels of acetylcholine in the brain, which is connected to memory, concentration, and learning capacity. This is a natural supplement that is powerful on its own, but can also be used as a boost to other cognitive enhancing supplements. Alpha GPC is present in small doses in the body on its own, and supplements of it can enhance the amount and quality of its content in the body.
- Huperzine A – This is an acetocholinesterase (AChE) inhibitor that prevents AChE chemicals in the brain from breaking down the acetylcholine neurotransmitters present in the brain. Huperzine A ensures that your brain is receiving more acetylcholine than the AChE can break down, which provides improved cognition, clarity, and memory.
- Cat’s Claw – This herb is derived from a vine that only grows in the Amazon rainforest and is known as Uncaria tomentosa. Cat’s Claw contains a number of antioxidants that can work to repair cell damage caused by environmental stresses and thus improve cell function overall in the brain.
- Bacopa – Bacopa monnieri is found in India and contains bacosides which are a component believed to possess the ability to repair damaged neurons and stimulate new nerve growth. With healthy neurons, the brain is better able to communicate with itself and the rest of the body to improve overall brain health, cognition, and mental performance.
- Oat Straw – Also known as Avena sativa, this herb is found in wild green oats and has a long past of use as a mental booster. Oat straw increases alpha-2 waves in the brain, which are most common and active during waking periods, and can help control inflammation of arterial walls. By increasing blood flow throughout the brain, Oat Straw can help your body and mind feel more awake and energized and improve your ability to focus.
- L-Theanine – This amino acid is naturally occurring in black and green teas and is known to help reduce stress and anxiety. For a nootropic, L-Theanine can also stimulate the brain’s neurotransmitters which increases the brain’s overall communication efficacy.
- L-Tyrosine – Another amino acid that is used in the production of dopamine and noradrenaline in the brain. Both of these neurotransmitters are used by your brain to improve focus and reduce stress. L-Tyrosine, by boosting the production of these neurons, helps boost, in turn, the brain’s overall ability to mute stress and fatigue and improve overall physical and mental performance.
NooCube does not contain any caffeine, which is another recognized nootropic drug, because it is less productive and effective at putting the mind into an alert state. Caffeine can cause unwanted “jitters” or even an energy crash, which is counterproductive to the overall goal that NooCube is trying to put forth with their cognitive enhancing supplement.
How Does it Work?
Nootropics target the neurotransmitters of the brain, which include acetylcholine, glutamate, serotonin, and dopamine, and work to improve their overall function in your brain. These neurotransmitters control a number of function in your brain, which, in turn, extends to the rest of your nervous system. They are “messengers” that deliver information between nerve cells in the brain and are what keep your heart beating, your breathing going, and your mind able to reason and produce thought.
For NooCube to work, it is important that you maintain a healthy lifestyle while on this supplement. This means ensuring that you are doing the following:
- Getting enough sleep (sleep is a critical factor in overall health and will allow your body to recover for the next day)
- Staying physically and mentally active (exercise both your body and mind to keep yourself in an overall high quality of health)
- Practice healthy eating habits (makes sure that what you are putting into your body is nutritious and complementing your physical and mental health)
- Never stop learning (with increased cognition, you should put your brain to the test and read, read, read)
Neurotransmitters are an extremely important part of the brain and in the body’s overall function and health. There are billions of these neurons living and working in your brain, and anything that can safely help them work even better is a plus.
Two capsules of NooCube per day is believed to improve your overall mental state, your reaction time, your focus, and your awareness of your surroundings as a whole.
Pros and Cons
Pros: NooCube (and high quality nootropics in general) provide cognitive enhancing effects for your brain and its overall health. These supplements are nontoxic and can be taken in conjunction with other medications with few to no side effects or concerns of cross contamination of pharmaceutical components. For individuals suffering from a cognitive disorder, such as Huntington’s disease, ADHD, or dementia, nootropics can be an excellent means of trying to fight back against these disorders and claiming a healthy, fully cognitive life once more.
That being said, these drugs can benefit individuals who are not suffering from cognitive disorders as well by acting as a “boost” to overall cognition and brain health. NooCube can help improve mood, learning ability, memory, attention, and motivation and have even been known to decrease feelings of depression and anxiety. Not all individuals will see the same results, as no two brains are the same.
Cons: NooCube is only available for purchase online from the company’s UK based store. This means that if you live outside of the UK, be prepared for a longer wait time when it comes to shipping. Shipping is free, but the wait can sometimes make it feel less than worth it.
There is also a rather noticeable lack on NooCube’s part of a comprehensive list of how much of their quality ingredients are included in each capsule. While you know what is in the supplement, it would be helpful to know specific amounts to better understand exactly what you are consuming.
The benefits of improved cognition are endless: better memory, better and faster thought processes, better retention of material and learning abilities, better communication, better concentration, and more energy as a whole. These benefits easily branch out to the rest of your body and will improve your health, perspective on life, and lifestyle overall. Furthermore, this supplement is useful both for short-term cognitive enhancement gains and long-term brain health. Feel it now and feel it later.
The best part of a supplement like NooCube is the fact that you do not have to rely on harsh chemicals or potentially dangerous pharmaceuticals to achieve a quality brain health boost and cognitive improvement.
There are no known side effects of NooCube or its ingredients and this supplement is completely non-toxic and safe for everyday use. However, it is important that, if you are taking other prescription medications, you discuss starting NooCube with your doctor or medical professional to see if there are any possible or unwanted reactions that could occur.
There are no known side effects, but NooCube is full of an assortment of powerful ingredients. The manufacturers even suggest that you avoid taking other stimulants while on NooCube until you are certain that your body can adapt to the supplement without any issues. This is not to contradict the “no side effects” statement, but is rather an indication of just how different brain chemistry can vary from person to person. Meaning that while one individual can easily handle and benefit from NooCube’s super powered ingredients, another may be more sensitive and lee likely to benefit.
The vast majority of customer reviews around NooCube are positive. These positive aspects are focused on the product’s overall cognitive benefits, its relatively low price, and its strong research backing. Users claim that NooCube has increased overall concentration and focus as well as helping them to reduce their stress to a manageable level. On Consumer Health Digest, NooCube was rated an astounding 98% positive (the closest competitor only reaches 85%). Overall, it is difficult to find anyone who has much bad to say about the supplement and its effects.
There are some reviews that question the validity of NooCube’s research evidence, claiming that the results are too weak to really be considered “clinically proven.” The fact that the company does not state how much of each ingredient is in their supplement is also a big drawback.
One customer review on Natural Nootropic claims that the consistent, daily intake of Huperzine A can cause side effects if the user does not take a break from the supplement at least one every month. Huperzine A blocks AChE productions (as discussed above) and allows acetylcholine production to increase exponentially. While this can be beneficial in the short term, it can also cause side effects in the long term. This review does not specify what these specific side effects are.
Noocube Prices & Offers
One bottle of NooCube generally runs at around a retail value of $54.99, but is available through the manufacturer’s site for as low as $39.99. NooCube also offers a deal which includes six bottles of the supplement for a low price of $119.99, which means that three of those bottles are free. The site also offers three bottles for the price of two at $79.99. So no matter how much you want to try, there is a reasonable and affordable deal available to you from NooCube.
What is NooCube?
A daily supplement meant to enhance overall cognitive function and made up of a natural blend of vitamins, amino acids, and other materials that focus on brain health.
What is in each NooCube capsule?
Every capsule contains the following ingredients:
- Alpha GPC
- Cat’s Claw
- Oat Straw
- Huperzine A
- Bacopa Monnieri
Are there any clinical studies on the ingredients in Noocube?
Yes, each of the ingredients have undergone numerous and detailed studies to ensure that you are receiving the best supplements possible. These research studies can be further analyzed here.
How long does NooCube take to work?
On average, 30 to 45 minutes.
How long do the effects last?
Around 8 to 10 hours.
Is NooCube safe?
Yes, it is non-toxic and the ingredients have plenty of clinical research to back up their safety and effectiveness (see the link above to research studies).
Are there any side effects?
There are no known side effects.
How should I take NooCube?
2 capsules should be taken with breakfast every morning. After seeing how 2 capsules may or may not affect you, you can consider increasing your dose up to 4 capsules, but you should not take more than 4 in a day.
How many capsules/servings are in a bottle?
There are 60 capsules which make up 30 servings.
Can I take any other stimulants with NooCube?
See how your mind and body adapt to NooCube before you try adding any other stimulants to your diet.
Can I take NooCube with my prescription medication?
As with any medication, you should always consult with your doctor or health professional to assess whether or not NooCube is a good or safe addition to your current medication regimen.
When will I receive my order?
Orders ship within 24 to 48 hours of order placement. Shipping times will vary slightly by location:
- UK – 3 to 7 days
- US – 5 to 15 business days
- Europe – 3 to 10 business days
- Canada/Australia/World: 5 to 15 business days
How much is shipping?
Shipping is free worldwide.
What if I don’t like NooCube? Can I get a refund?
Yes, the company offers a 60 day money back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with NooCube.
Where to Buy Noocube?
While you are likely to be able to find NooCube on various supplement or general shopping websites, it is recommended that you purchase the supplement directly from the main NooCube site. This way, you ensure that you are getting the genuine product and not a knock off with unknown or questionable ingredients. You can find NooCube for sale here.