Testogen is a natural testosterone boosting supplement marketed toward men looking to increase their overall strength, stamina, focus, energy, and libido. The ingredients in Testogen are claimed to be 100% natural and highly effective at improving overall male health and performance.
With age, testosterone levels in men naturally begin to decline. On average, muscle mass, sex hormones that spur sexual desire, sperm production, and overall bone density peak at around 30 years of age and will start to decrease after 30. These levels can also be affected by an inactive lifestyle, obesity, and other adverse health conditions. Low testosterone can lead to depression and overall dissatisfaction with life and normal activities which can severely impact an individual’s quality of life.
As testosterone levels begin to drop, men can turn to supplements that can help boost their overall testosterone production and improve their body’s sexual, physical, and mental health. According to the Mayo Clinic, different forms of testosterone therapy can work to reverse the effects of decreasing testosterone, also known as hypogonadism. For this reason, supplements like Testogen exist as a means to help men regain a sense of quality health and confidence in their lives.
This supplement is made for men who are looking to:
- Increase muscle mass
- Increase energy levels
- Increase weight loss effetiveness
- Increase confidence
- Naturally raise testosterone levels
Testogen is an herbal supplement produced by Wolfson Berg Limited which has more than thirty years’ experience in the scientific research, production, and sales of natural supplements.
Testogen is made up of the following ingredients, which are displayed on the product’s Nutrition Facts label:
- Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Citrate) 200 mg – Magnesium is important for both testosterone production and the promotion of restful sleep.
- Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate) 20 mg – There is evidence to show that Vitamin B deficiencies can contribute to decreased testosterone and estrogen levels as well as increase feelings of fatigue. For Testogen, Vitamin B6 is used to boost testosterone production and increase energy levels overall.
- Zinc (from Zinc Citrate Dihydrate) 10 mg – This vitamin is both a natural aphrodisiac and a testosterone booster. Zinc is also essential for healthy sperm and sperm production, and can be easily lost through sweat.
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 52 mcg – Higher levels of Vitamin D have been connected to higher levels of testosterone. Vitamin D can also be used to slow the process in the body that turns testosterone into oestrogen, and when it is taken with magnesium, boron, and Vitamin K, it is better absorbed and utilized by the body.
- Vitamin K1 (from Phytonadione) 20 mcg – Vitamin K is a key factor in bone strength and density. For Testogen, the primary importance of Vitamin K is that it helps the body better absorb Vitamin D, which is more important for overall testosterone production.
- D-Aspartic Acid 2352 mg – This vitamin is an amino acid regulator that works to produce hormones that can stimulate testosterone production. It is also a libido booster and lean muscle builder.
- Nettle Leaf Extract 4:1 (Urtica dioica) 40 mg – Also known as “stinging nettle,” nettle leaf works to attach to a protein known as SHGB. Testosterone also is drawn to SHGB, but when testosterone is attached to proteins, its loses its effectiveness. Therefore, the nettle leaf takes the place of testosterone attachment to SHGB so that the testosterone can continue its work in the body.
- Red Ginseng Powder (Panaz ginseng, root) 40 mg – Red ginseng is a known aphrodisiac and libido booster. With the other ingredients of Testogen, red ginseng is better able to boost overall concentration and physical and mental acuity.
- Fenugreek Extract 4:1 (Trigonella foenumgraecum, seeds) 40 mg – This natural herb increases insulin production which, in turn, increases the body’s overall strength, stamina, and muscle production. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
- Boron (from Boron Citrate) 8 mg – This naturally occurring mineral has been proven to dramatically increase testosterone levels when ingested.
- Bioperine 95% Poperine 5 mg – This vitamin is derived from black pepper and can be used to drastically increase the effectiveness and absorption rates of all the other ingredients in Testogen.
Other inactive ingredients include gelatin, magnesium stearate, and silica.
How Does Testogen Work
According to the manufacturer, all of Testogen’s ingredients have been thoroughly tested in clinical trials to ensure their effectiveness and safety. Each of the ingredients works in conjunction with one another to increase overall testosterone levels, which will help reverse hypogonadism, increase energy levels, reduce feelings of depression, help with weight loss, and increase sexual drive and libido.
Testosterone is a steroid hormone which is necessary for many of the normal developmental processes of the male body. That being said, it is important to note that Testogen is not a steroidal supplement. It is a natural supplement made of herbal ingredients and vitamins that are proven to increase testosterone levels and improve an individual’s overall sense of health and happiness.
Pros and Cons
Pros: This supplement will help you boost your overall testosterone which can help you feel more alert, improve your concentration, decrease feelings of depression, and boost overall libido. All of these benefits are essential for both physical and mental health and can be affected by decreased testosterone levels.
The manufacturer has gone to great lengths to provide ample clinical research studies and reports that point to the effectiveness of the ingredients that Testogen uses. Each natural ingredient has been carefully researched and chosen to add into the overall supplement mix to create a well balanced and effective testosterone booster.
Cons: The supplement is only available through the manufacturer’s website, and thus must be ordered online. This can be problematic for individuals who do not have regular access to a computer or the internet, or for individuals who are not happy with shipping speeds.
This product is also quite expensive, especially when you consider the dosage amount. A single bottle can cost anywhere around $60 and includes 120 capsules. But since a serving is 4 capsules per day, this means a bottle only holds enough servings for 30 days. While this does not seem like too much of a problem (as 30 days is a normal supplement dosage amount), you are looking at around $2 per capsule.
Boosting your testosterone levels is an efficient and effective way of building muscle mass, increasing one’s sex drive, increasing weight loss potential, and improving one’s physical and mental health overall. By age 30, the average male body will stop producing enough testosterone to stimulate overall physical and mental growth, and once testosterone production begins to slow, the body has no inherent or natural way to reverse the process.
For this reason, testosterone supplements exist to help boost reduced levels and increase overall health in men. A higher level of testosterone has an incredible amount of health benefits that can improve an individual’s overall quality of life.
Customer reviews and clinical research have proven the effectiveness of Testogen’s muscle building and testosterone level raising benefits. Taking this supplement can dramatically increase your overall sense of well being and help make your workout regimen even more effective. Furthermore, the libido boosting properties of Testogen make it an excellent means of increasing your sex drive and improving sexual health overall. If this is a concern for you or your partner, Testogen may be a great choice to naturally increase sexual pleasure and performance.
Since Testogen is made from natural, whole ingredients, there are no known side effects that might occur while on this supplement. However, as with any herbal or pharmaceutical supplement, it is always a good idea to discuss starting Testogen with your doctor, especially if you are taking other prescription medications.
There are some customer reviews that claim taking Testogen increased hair growth in certain areas, but there is no real way of knowing if this was due to Testogen or to another supplement these individuals may have been taking. If you are concerned about possible side effects, consult with your doctor about what increased testosterone levels can cause.
From the exercise community at BroScience that focuses on tips, data, and other useful advice concerning weight lifting, Testogen is given top marks and highly recommended. Their review goes over the different components and effectiveness of Testogen with only positive remarks to share. The review is more informal and “silly” in some ways, but still strong in its support.
According to The Supplement Reviews, Testogen does have a couple side effects that are in line with the same side effects that all testosterone boosters can cause: namely, increased acne breakouts and sudden bursts of anger. These are both common reactions in men with higher levels of testosterone. But overall, because the supplement is natural and has a proven effectiveness, The Supplement Reviews has little bad to say about Testogen and considers the supplement in its top two testosterone booster choices.
One customer compares Testogen to another popular testosterone supplement, and claims that Testogen lacks some of the more high quality ingredients of the other supplement. However, the reviewer does state that the ingredient mixture in Testogen is still of a good quality and is aimed more at muscle building and overall male fitness while the other testosterone supplement is aimed specifically at vitality and anti-aging concerns.
Another customer review states that the Zinc dosage level in Testogen is at a dangerous level and claims that Zinc has been linked to increased risks in prostate cancer for men. The reviewer also states that careful ingestion of additional Zinc sources makes this less likely, but it is up to the user to be careful. This same reviewer also claims that the Vitamin D content is too low to offer any real value. The customer still gives the supplement a positive review overall, but in-depth research should always be done before committing to any supplement.
Testogen Price & Offers
Testogen is only available via the manufacturer’s main website. A single bottle costs around $59.99, though there are also a couple of offers that provide more supplements at a lesser price: buy two get 1 free for a total of $119.99, and buy 3 get 2 free and a free ebook for a total of $179.99. Shipping on all orders is free worldwide.
Who is Testogen suitable for?
This supplement is good for any male over the age of eighteen who is interested in raising his overall testosterone levels. Testogen is particularly popular with body builders, weight lifters, athletes, and other males who are looking to increase their overall strength, stamina, and/or libido.
Can I take Testogen for long periods?
Thanks to Testogen’s natural ingredients, there is no real danger to taking the supplement over an extended period of time. However, to increase effectiveness and see better results, you should consider taking a “break” from the supplement every few months for a week or two. During this break, your body will resume normal function, and you can make sure that everything is still working as it should. So long as that is the case, you can resume dosing after the break.
How long will it take to work?
The speed of Testogen’s effectiveness depends on the testosterone levels and overall health of the individual taking the supplement. At most, results should start becoming noticeable in as little as a week in terms of mental improvements. For physical changes, this time extends to 4 to 6 weeks with regular exercise and muscle toning.
Can I take it all once a day, or do I have to space it out?
For best results, you should space out your dosing over the course of the day with meals, unless you are only taking one capsule per day. If you are taking the recommended 4 capsules per day, then spacing out dosing can help your body better absorb the nutrients in the supplement. After all, the body can only absorb so many nutrients at a time, and the rest are lost through the digestive tract.
Are testosterone supplements safe?
With any supplement, you should always be sure to carefully follow the instructions on the bottle. Some testosterone supplements include questionable ingredients or substances that can be harmful. However, Testogen is made of completely natural ingredients, and therefore do not have these same dangers. Always do your research and pay close attention to supplement ingredients before partaking.
Where to Buy Testogen
Testogen can only be purchased through the manufacturer’s main site.